cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

PSM for Windchill reporting "Instrumentation disabled..." for WindchillDS agent

gafoorgk
11-Garnet

PSM for Windchill reporting "Instrumentation disabled..." for WindchillDS agent

Hi,

We just installed Windchill 11.0 M030 together with PSM 6.0. PSM collects data from all agents except WindchillDS, it seems. The error shown in PSM Client is "ptc.wt.WindchillDS@<ds_host_name>:<port>: Instrumentation disabled since the agent was not mapped into an agent group". Following are already tried, but still error persist.

1. Made sure agent name in <ds_path>\server\java.properties in Windchill server and agent name in "Windchill DS" agent group are same. Restarted whole dynaTrace servies. Error persist.
  2. Tried giving the host name manually in agent mapping under "Windchill DS" agent group. Restarted whole dynaTrace services. Error persist.

Please help here.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello All,

Issue is resolved now. Issue occurred because agent name used while mapping with one of the agent group had the option "start with" selected. This somehow forces dynaTrace to strictly expect a suffix after the name. When this option was changed to "equals" and WindchillDS was restarted, things started falling in place.

When a support request was raised with PTC with all related screenshots, immediate response was that there is something wrong with my PSM installation, which I do not think is valid.

Thank you

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello All,

Issue is resolved now. Issue occurred because agent name used while mapping with one of the agent group had the option "start with" selected. This somehow forces dynaTrace to strictly expect a suffix after the name. When this option was changed to "equals" and WindchillDS was restarted, things started falling in place.

When a support request was raised with PTC with all related screenshots, immediate response was that there is something wrong with my PSM installation, which I do not think is valid.

Thank you

Top Tags