cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Painful remove from workspace suggestions

mspencer
5-Regular Member

Painful remove from workspace suggestions

I have a question regarding removing items from a workspace. We have several workspaces which are a mixture of conceptual designs in progress and other designs which have been checked in now. I wish to clean up the workspace and remove many/most of the parts except the ones which are still in progress.

The issue is if I select 100 parts and try to remove from the workspace, the entire operation fails and nothing is removed if only 1 of the parts is needed for somethign which will remain in the workspace. Is there a setting which will allow it to remove everything possible, and only leave what cannot be removed due to links instead of everything failing? 90% of the WS is checked in with no modifications, but it is VERY painful and slow to manually figure out which parts are still required and delete only the rest.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:mspencer)

I don't know of any config/preference settings that will continue the remove for just the valid items, but you may want to try to delete all of the files that are not new or modified. You'll need to resolve some missing files later, but they already exist in the CS, so it should be easy to re-add them to your WS.

I'm not sure if thiswill work, but you may be able to remove the items if you switch to offline mode.

You may also be able to remove the filesvia a portable workspace (PWS). i.e. export the WS to a .pws file, go offline, import the .pws file again, remove the files while still offline, then go back online. The help pages warn that when you remove a file from the PWS, it doesn't check the model relations. I haven't testedeither of theseyet, but I plan on doing so in the near future.

Good luck and regards,

Daniel Nordin
BAE Systems
ME Tools Support Group

Top Tags