cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Cannot retrieve family table neutral data

ptc-3139256
1-Newbie

Cannot retrieve family table neutral data

Has anyone experienced this issue

1. An instance was added to a nested family table and checked in.

2. Now when any member of the family table is added to a workspace, task
fails.

3. Event Manager message "
Server error: Cannot retrieve family table neutral data"

Regards,

Robert Altman
CAD Systems Manager
General Dynamics Amphibious Systems
Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle Program
14041 Worth Avenue
Woodbridge, VA 22192
-
703-490-7533

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information. No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

All -

I know this is an older post, but I have a user today who experiencing the same issue. Does anyone know what the resolution was here (if any)?

Thanks in advance -

Chrystal Johnstone

Red Dot Corporation

We have had this issue a couple of times. As a resolution, PTC supplied us with scripts to detect and then fix the problem. They were never able to figure out what the root cause was. They said it usually occurs on migrated data, and after you run the scripts, it shouldn't happen again, however we have had to run the scripts twice so far....

Thanks, Jamie -

We did end up contacting PTC and have sent them the logs from the WinDU. We'll see how it goes from here...

Chrystal

Was there any update of Soft attrubutes done recently to your Windchill Systems ?

Bcos we faced the problem on completion of this activity on the Migrated data.The SQL script from PTC will fix this issue.

In Reply to Jamie Momber:

We have had this issue a couple of times. As a resolution, PTC supplied us with scripts to detect and then fix the problem. They were never able to figure out what the root cause was. They said it usually occurs on migrated data, and after you run the scripts, it shouldn't happen again, however we have had to run the scripts twice so far....

Hi Jamie,

Could you please upload this Script, I'm facing the same issue?

Thanx

The scripts that PTC send are usually system specific so sending other people scripts provided by PTC could do more harm than good.

I have seen this issue countless times, yes one of the main causes can be once your have migrated from Intralink to PDMLink. The main root of this problem can be to do with null valued attributes within your family table.

What the scripts do is fix any family table members with the erroneous attribute values.

If you're lucky the methodserver may even give you the problem attributes to fix the issue (rarely but I have seen it once or twice)

You will not be able to directly modify the affected model(s) themselves but you can add them to a workspace (from a stand alone web browser session) and then edit the attribute values (if you know this is the issue)

Otherwise PTC send PTC your methodserver log file and they will get R&D to create a script to correct these errors. Be warned I have seen this issue pop up again once PTC fixed the problem, usually when users are editing attributes in the family table and remove values.

Hope this helps you guys out.

-=D

I agree with Dipesh, although I don't believe this script was system specific, I'd rather that you get the script directly from PTC.

Top Tags