cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Parameter required to check-in document is locked by Windchill

bpoon
1-Newbie

Parameter required to check-in document is locked by Windchill

Hi All--

I have a part I want to add to an assembly (which I created from within the assembly using the "Create Component" feature. However, checking-in the assembly fails because the part does not have certain descriptive parameters filled out. Those descriptive parameters show as "locked" when I open the part, right-click in the model tree, and select "Edit Parameters". If I can't upload this document to Windchill, how am I supposed to fill out those parameters?

Do I *have* to start every document from Windchill itself? How would I do that for a part that I'm creating from within an assembly?

FYI, I am new to Creo Parametric as well as Creo Windchill. Please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks all

.bp

1 REPLY 1
Gagan
7-Bedrock
(To:bpoon)

Hello Bpoon

I Guess if you create the part with in the Assembly , it will take the assembly reference .u can check under reference viewer  ,btw which are the parameters which are showing as locked , can you please attach the screenshot and the assembly if possible ? 

Regards

Top Tags