cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Paste Into Workspace

bwudtke
10-Marble

Paste Into Workspace

Hey Guys,

I am wondering if there is a way i copy/paste things inside of a workspace. I have this Change Task, it allows me to copy my CAD documents, but i want to paste them in my workspace, and i dont see a paste function within my workspace tabs. Is there a special customization that can allow me to do so?? Otherwise i have to search each individiual part and add it to my workspace.... where if i have a task i can just simply copy and paste them into my workspace.

Thank you!

Brock

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Copy/Paste does not work in the workspace because of the HTML template processor that is used. We have a project in to rewrite the workspace on a platform that will support copy/paste, but it would have to be added to a new release. It is too large of a change to do in an maintenance release or address as an SPR.

I suggest you add and vote for it in ideas list.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DavidCobb
12-Amethyst
(To:bwudtke)

Hi all,

Sadly I've got the same question, but no answer - we've discussed exactly the same topic recently and would be very grateful if anyone can shed some light on whether it's possible.

Thanks!

David

At PTC TC meetings in Jan 2013, a PM told me that this functionality is not scheduled to be in any release for next 2 years. At the time, we needed it badly and I was surprised with the answer as it is very intuitive for our users to add affected objects to workspace from Change Task.

We ended up adding a customization... a button "Add to Workspace" on Change Task page. It has same functionality as "Actions - Add to Workspace" has on object information pages. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Yogesh

Copy/Paste does not work in the workspace because of the HTML template processor that is used. We have a project in to rewrite the workspace on a platform that will support copy/paste, but it would have to be added to a new release. It is too large of a change to do in an maintenance release or address as an SPR.

I suggest you add and vote for it in ideas list.

Where would I go for ideas list?

DavidCobb
12-Amethyst
(To:CeliaLee)

Hi Celia,

Thanks for your response! Two quick points to clarify:

1) Are you saying that the rewrite of Workspace on a new platform is already planned and certain to be included in a future product release, or just that it might happen at some point (maybe depending on volume of enhancement requests)?

2) Would the same rewrite allow the converse of this topic, which would be copying objects from a Workspace and adding them to the Resulting Objects of a Change Activity?

Thanks again very much!

David

In 10.2 M020 we will have an Add to Workspace action from the Affected and Resulting tables. This will allow users to quickly and easily get data from their changes to their workspaces. Round tripping (identifying on check in which change to relate to) is something that we would like to do in the future as well.

Picture1.png

Top Tags