cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Pro/I Client Oracle Disconnect ORA-03114 Mystery

ptc-205059
1-Newbie

Pro/I Client Oracle Disconnect ORA-03114 Mystery

Stumped!

Pro/I 3.4 m040

Win 2003 Server

Withthe blissful stroke ofa magic wand corporate IM decided to resegment the network. While doingthis waswarranted due to security concerns, it hasproduced a most perplexing Pro/I mystery.Users are nowexperiencing sudden ORA-03114 errors (i.e. OracleDisconnect), asreported in .proi.log, after a period of inactivity (40-60 min);regardless if Pro/Engineer isrunning.TNSPING reports port 1521 and all seems in order (this is verified on the server with 'netstat' 1521 is listening).Client function is unaffectedupon startup or logon.Again, it would appear, the error only occurs after a period of inactivity. PTCagrees a network issue isthe culprit, however, beyond a fewsuggestions, leaves much to ponder.

Withlimited direct visibility or access to the firewall, etc., any ideas on how to isolate the cause oris there anyone that may have struggled with this?

One additionalpoint ofclarification, prior to resegmentation all wasright with the world.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags