cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Pro intralink 9 migrate to pdmlink 10.2 using loading method

ptc-4911078
1-Newbie

Pro intralink 9 migrate to pdmlink 10.2 using loading method

I would like to check the feasibly of doing the migration not using the standard migration tools specified in the Windchill upgrade guides but by simply extracting all my cad documents from intralink 9 into flat or XML files along with contents and then write loader programs to import them into respective container and sub folder in the newly installed Windchill 10.2. The source cad documents in intralink 9 are cad documents product structures checked in from proe wildfire. Is this feasible? What caveats to look out for when programmatically create the usage links in the target epm documents. And do we need special treatment for cad objects which are family tables, part occurrences with their respective ref designators, etc etc.

Any past experiences with this style of migration. I am new to the windmill 10 migration and reading the upgrade guide, I only have some 70 percent confidence.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Hello

All is feasable ... but more complicated when talking about CAD Datas ...

and CAD data model and API are not really documented ... need of lot of reverse engineering to do that

There's some major enhancement in 10.x regarding the CAD data model and WTPart integration:

-Synch ref designator and wtpart position matrix with CAD and EPM member link (need to synch CAD epmmemberlink occurences to WTpart occurences )

-New Creo view behaviour aroud these wtpart matrix, used in downstream application like MPMLink

-ability to build and compare CAD to WTPart struture asynchroneously (bottom up)

-ability to reverse build and compare WTPart to CAD structure asynchroneously (top down)

-Multi owner link capabilities between a single CAD to several WTPart BOMs

-depending of your Intalink 9 and creo release, introduction of Unit management in CAD parameters

and what about the History ? need to preserve Version/iteration or Views history ? baselines (astored , basic), promotion request ?

regards

Gregory

Top Tags