cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Problem Installing OpenDJ

borourke
10-Marble

Problem Installing OpenDJ

I am following the video instructions(https://youtu.be/wL_PDAPzgy) for setting up OpenDJ, do not get the 'Backend' error when importing the WindchillDS exported ldif file. Is there another way by creating the 'backend' first in OpenDJ before importing the ldif file? Many thanks in advance)

5 REPLIES 5
PN_5076692
6-Contributor
(To:borourke)

I follow this procedure

export ldif data from current WindchillDS

-> d:\tmp-rehost\240327_export.ldif

remove WindchillDS / switch to new host

install opendj

start openDJ

open std commandline, navigate to <opendj install>\bat

import-ldif.bat --ldifFile d:\tmp-rehost\240327_export.ldif --backendID userRoot --port 4444 --bindDN cn=Manager --bindPassword <something> --trustAll --noPropertiesFile --rejectFile D:\tmp-rehost\rejected.txt --skipFile D:\tmp-rehost\skipped.txt --skipSchemaValidation

stop and restart openDJ

open OpenDJ control panel

you should see all data from the export ldif / WindchillDS

Many thanks! Will give it a shot.

Hi @borourke

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,

Anurag 

It did not. Getting a simple bind error when I follow the steps given.

mmeadows-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:borourke)

Assuming OpenDJ Community Edition...

https://www.openidentityplatform.org/opendj

You can install OpenDJ and create the initial backend root at the same time.

Extract your Java and OpenDJ to a common location:

D:\PTC\OpenDJ-4.6.2\java

D:\PTC\OpenDJ-4.6.2\opendj

Once extracted to the proper location, start an elevated cmd shell and run the following commands to install it.

set opendj_home=D:\PTC\OpenDJ-4.6.2\opendj

set java_home=D:\PTC\OpenDJ-4.6.2\Java

pushd %opendj_home%

setup.bat -h localhost -p 389 --ldapsPort 636 --adminConnectorPort 4444 --enableStartTLS --generateSelfSignedCertificate --rootUserDN "cn=Manager" --rootUserPassword {password} --baseDN o=ptc --addBaseEntry --cli --acceptLicense --no-prompt

That will build OpenDJ with a default base DN (root) of o=ptc.

Per the video (timestamp ~4:20), you "should" be able to manually create a new backend root on an existing OpenDJ.

Top Tags