cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Procurement BOM creation using BOM transformer

JC_8135571
1-Newbie

Procurement BOM creation using BOM transformer

Hello everyone, I would like to create a Procurement BOM using the BOM transformer tool. My goal is to create a single component list (flat BOM) from my EBOM and also being able to catch all the revision changes, part quantities variation and new parts added or parts removed.

Here is the best way to do it that I have found:
- In BOM transformer, select EBOM to assy level and choose New downstream branch, Do not duplicate, manufacturing BOM, Costing
- Copy/paste or drag and drop parts at the level needed (ex: welded assy level without subcomponent, single parts, non standard assemblies etc)
- Check in the procurement BOM

To see changes:
- In BOM transformer, verify downstream & upstream status to see if there is any changes on the revisions
- Click on detect discrepancies button to verify quantities and parts added or removed
- Click on propagate changes to downstream to apply modifications on the procurement BOM.

This procedure works but I am not sure it is optimal.
For example, drag and drop parts coming from different assemblies could create duplicates especially with the fasteners.

I would like to know if someone ever tried to create a procurement BOM with the BOM transformer tool and if there is any suggestions to simplified or improved the way to create it.

Thank you 

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags