cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Product Label Management in Windchill

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Product Label Management in Windchill

Hi Everyone,

I am currently working on a project to improve the way we manage our Product Labels in Windchill.  The team is struggling with the data architecture and authoring tool options at our disposal.  Would anyone be willing to divulge their current solution?  I'm interested in the tool used to author the label graphics and Windchill objects used to manage the content.  Thanks!

Patrick Williams

2 REPLIES 2

You could sub-type the document object to have your own label object. Not sure about authoring tools, its common to add PDFs as content for labels into Windchill, and if the source file is needed add that as an attachment to the label object. Arbortext could be a solution if you want to store everything in Windchill, but I think its serves more complex needs than labels (unless you labels are complex). Like any other object you would use promotion process to release the label.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:pwilliams-3)

At a prior company, we did not make the labels, but we did design them.

In the CAD system, we would create a drawing of the label describing the area of the label, background color, font color, font style, etc. as a note along with the desired text. There could be multiple blocks used to define 1 label.

One label we used was off-the-shelf, it said "Made in USA" with an American flag.

At the bottom edge in small print was "Printed in Canada".

Top Tags