cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

ProductPoint and Family tables

ptc-2664205
1-Newbie

ProductPoint and Family tables

Hello Is there anyone experiencing problems with family tables? One among my problems is deleting a family table structure. I have no problems deleting the father to a family table but it won't delete all of its members and after that it's impossible to delete them. I get an error. When trying to open as stored it asks me if I have the client manager running. Is there anyone that has a work around or a best practice regarding this?
5 REPLIES 5

When deleting, did you select Only selected item or Delete all items in Delete dialog/form?

Hello. I have chosen the. Delete all structure items in source location When I deleted the family father. After this a get accept and a reject list which I accept. Then some parts remain which I cannot open and if i try to delete them I get an error in the web browser. I tried to include a file showing the problem but there is a block in the browser.

In WPP you can not delete an instance ever. You can remove it from the Family Table in Pro/E but the solid will still show up in WPP. YOu can Delete the Whole Table as long as none of the Instancaes are being used anywhere. If you have allready deleted the Generic and there are still some instances in WPP. I suggest you upload the whole table again and overwrite what is there. You should then try deleting it again and make sure to click delete on the generic (father) and make sure to check Delete Associations and Delete Drawings. in 1.1M10 it has gotton better. Let me know if you still have problems with it.

Hello! I have still problems but since I couldn’t solve it I have ignored them in a sub folder. Hopefully they won't cause any trouble later on. /Ola/Jimmy

"OLA ORNHED" wrote:

Hello! I have still problems but since I couldn’t solve it I have ignored them in a sub folder. Hopefully they won't cause any trouble later on. /Ola/Jimmy

Top Tags