cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

ProjectLink routing - Include document as an attachment

sdrzewiczewski
7-Bedrock

ProjectLink routing - Include document as an attachment

I had a question from a user today: When routing a document in ProjectLink on Step 3. Specify Instructions there is a checkbox to "Include document being routed as an attachment in email assignment notification"

When the email gets delivered there is no attachment. Is there a property / prefence that needs to be set to allow the attachments in the email, or am I missing the point of the checkbox?

I did find SPR 1873048 that stated

On the Routing Process definition wizard, the wording/­description for check box "Include document being routed as an attachment in email assignment notification" needs to be changed to reflect the actual purpose of the check box.­ Ref SPR 1491463.­ Customers complain that the users are misunderstanding the purpose of it and expecting the pbo document as an email attachment when they receive the email notifications (­for tasks)­.­

Which makes it sounds like the purpose is not to include the document as an attachment.

3 REPLIES 3

The reply back that I received from PTC was the following:

"The purpose of this checkbox "Include document being routed as an attachment in email assignment notification" is to dynamically update the flag of Attachment for notification manager through Routing UI so that the external email addresses added through Routing UI get the notification with PBO (primary business object) as an attachment."

That being said, is there extra configuration required to allow ProjectLink to email external addresses? I've tried to send tests to my personal mail and nothing was received.

Hey Stephen,

I have experimented with this as well and have never gotten it to work either. Windchill 9.0 m060

-marc

Top Tags