cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

ProjectLink team members are unable to create workspaces

jfrankovich
10-Marble

ProjectLink team members are unable to create workspaces

We have been using ProjectLink for about a year (quite successfully) on a limited basis. We just created a new project and discovered that suddenly the team members are no longer able to create workspaces in the new and old projects. (The Context lists only products/libraries when creating a workspace, no projects.) Only the project managers can create workspaces now. We don't recall making any changes that should have affected this ability.

So now the questions. OOTB team members SHOULD be able to create workspaces, correct?? Is there a policy or preference that controls the ability to create workspaces in projects?

Thanks,
John Frankovich
The GSI Group LLC
www.gsiag.com<">http://www.gsiag.com>

2 REPLIES 2

All,

We are still having an issue with this ProjectLink workspace behavior. After 2 webex sessions in 2 weeks, PTC tech support hasn't brought it closer to resolution.

So today I attempted something I had not tried before (for some reason). I created the project workspace from within Creo's Server Management dialog... and it worked!
So now it would seem that it isn't a role or policy issue, per se, but a WC UI and Context list rendering issue.

Has anyone else seen behavior like this?

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

Yes. Which version / build of Windchill are you using? We saw this behavior with Windchill 10.1 M010 but was resolved in Windchill 10.1 M040. I never found any documentation but PTC Tech Support confirmed over the phone that this issue was resolved in M040.

Best,
JR

Jonathan R. Carr
Solution Engineer
Top Tags