cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Promote action missing

gchampoux
1-Newbie

Promote action missing

While doing some testing, I noticed that the promote action is missing on all action menus, even for wcadmin.

I found this TPI that seems related:
https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=132911
However, I don't know what the TPI means when they say a "blank" template.
When I created all my products and libraries, a template must be selected
In the past, was this possible to leave it blank?

Per the TPI, I did create a product using an OOTB template. Promote action is availble for that product.
But that does not explain why this is happening. I would assume a policy is at issue.
And it does not explain why wcadmin cannot see the promote action.

The product/library templates that I use were derived from the OOTB templates.
All policies were removed from the product/library domains of my templates.
All my policies are defined in the PDM domain of the Org becuase we want eveything to work identically (by team membership) in all libraries and products. My PDM policies are identical to what was in the individual products/libraries. (or so I beleive)
All other aspects/permissions appear to be working properly. Only problem is the missing promote action.
Set state is OK as well.

Intralink 9.1 M060.

Gerry

11 REPLIES 11

Check that the OIR for promotion request is enabled. I have seen this cause that problem.

There is also a preference to disable check to see if user has modify ACL permission

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

I had the same issue not long ago.

In our OIR, we have set the folder where the promotions must go.

If this folder is missing in your product/libvrary, the promote icon disappear. Very weird.

François

Thanks to all that replied.
And special thanks to everyone that suggested I take a look at my OIR's.
Specifically, my OIR for Promotion Notice had a typo error for the default folder name.
It was set to a non-existant folder.
Once this was corrected, the Promote action became available everywhere.

Gerry

In Reply to Gerry Champoux:

While doing some testing, I noticed that the promote action is missing on all action menus, even for wcadmin.

I found this TPI that seems related:
https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=132911
However, I don't know what the TPI means when they say a "blank" template.
When I created all my products and libraries, a template must be selected
In the past, was this possible to leave it blank?

Per the TPI, I did create a product using an OOTB template. Promote action is availble for that product.
But that does not explain why this is happening. I would assume a policy is at issue.
And it does not explain why wcadmin cannot see the promote action.

The product/library templates that I use were derived from the OOTB templates.
All policies were removed from the product/library domains of my templates.
All my policies are defined in the PDM domain of the Org becuase we want eveything to work identically (by team membership) in all libraries and products. My PDM policies are identical to what was in the individual products/libraries. (or so I beleive)
All other aspects/permissions appear to be working properly. Only problem is the missing promote action.
Set state is OK as well.

Intralink 9.1 M060.

You will also notice that you cannot Promote objects that are not related and usually this is the case on an ECO, I filed an enhancement request, or I mean into the black hole. There is a kinky work around, let me know if your interested.

The ability to add or paste items to the promotion table is part of 10.0

That's good news, just wondering, has any other Intralink 3.4 functionalties make it back in 10.0, i.e. the "Lock" function in commonspace, the "Hold" function in workspace & "Export" from one workspace to another?

I concur.
Contrary to PTC's assertions, 9.1 did not close all the functionality "gaps" from 3.4.
There are still many things I cannot do in 9.1 that were commonplace in 3.4.

Gerry

In Reply to kevin johnson:

That's good news, just wondering, has any other Intralink 3.4 functionalties make it back in 10.0, i.e. the "Lock" function in commonspace, the "Hold" function in workspace & "Export" from one workspace to another?

amansfield
6-Contributor
(To:gchampoux)

Jeff:

Will Intralink 10 get the ability to add / remove items from an existingpromotion list? This is a particular pain point for me as I frequently have to delete then recreate promotion requests if they are missing items, need corrections to a drawing, etc. I was told that this capability was only available in PDMLink.

We're on Intralink 9.1

Andrew,

The Promotion Request functionality is no different between PDMLink and
Intralink. Here is a screenshot from an Intralink 10.0 server

Jeff,

I believe Andrew means as part of a Workflow... as a Downstream Approver can he Edit the Promotion Request and Remove Line Items or Add Additional Line Items.... (Similar to how Change Task will allow)

Brian S

Ahh- if you mean edit an existing promotion that is underway that is not
supported in PDMLink or Intralink. You should consider using Change
Notice without Change Request as it is much more flexible in this
regard.

Announcements

Top Tags