cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Promoted objects not changing state

krichardson
1-Newbie

Promoted objects not changing state

Can anyone help me on really understanding how a promote workflow works. I have been working in our Windchill PDMLink V8.0 and modifying a Promotion Request Approval Workflow When I initiate the workflow, I am asked to set the ‘State for Promotion’. I want the object(s) being promoted to be ‘Under Review’ while the promotion is in process. Sp far so good, the – the promotion is set to ‘Under Review’ as well as the object(s) being promoted. However, when the Promotion Request Approval Workflow is approved, its state is change to ‘Approved’. However the object being promoted stays at ‘Under Review’. If the Promotion Request Approval Workflow is rejected, the workflow state is changed to ‘Rejected’ and the object(s) back to ‘In Work’. My WF is a slightly modified OTB so I don’t know if this is normal behavior or if I did something wrong. Thanks in advance, Kathy Windchill PDMLink V8.0 M050 (production), Windchill PDMLink V9.1 M020 (test) Pro/Engineer Wildfire 3.0 M210
1 REPLY 1

Promoted objects should have a “Basic’ lifecycle template. In that template there is a table of transitions for each state, including what states user will able to select when he will promote this object (Promote) and on witch state it will be while the object will be under review. If promotion objects are still staying on ‘Under review’ state after you approve promotion request, you can set “wt.maturity.verbose� property to TRUE and look at method server logs for errors – there is a robot in PR workflow that promote all linked promotion objects ( wt.maturity.MaturityServerHelper.service.promoteTargets (pn);). Good luck
Announcements

Top Tags