cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Publishing Issue

Luar
1-Newbie

Publishing Issue

Hi!

Can somebody help me how to publish .dwg drawing in windchill?., because when I'm upload .dwg drawing in windchill the visualization of the drawing is not working.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Luar)

There is not a Creo View adapter that is capable of publishing DWG (or DXF) files. Fortunately, one isn't needed since Creo View can open these files directly. The trick is to tell Windchill that the data has already been published and to just create the thumbnail. Full instructions can be found here:

Automatically generate representation for pre-converted files (CS36856)

Here are the commands I ran on my system to do this very thing: (10.2 M020)

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..DWG=DUMMY,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..DXF=DUMMY,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..PDF=DUMMY,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..BMP=DUMMY,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..JPG=DUMMY,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..TIF=DUMMY,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..GIF=DUMMY,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..PVZ=DUMMY,type=zip,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..EDZ=DUMMY,type=zip,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -p

After making the changes you will need to stop Windchill, clear the Tomcat caches, and restart.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV

There is not a Creo View adapter that is capable of publishing DWG (or DXF) files. Fortunately, one isn't needed since Creo View can open these files directly. The trick is to tell Windchill that the data has already been published and to just create the thumbnail. Full instructions can be found here:

Automatically generate representation for pre-converted files (CS36856)

Here are the commands I ran on my system to do this very thing: (10.2 M020)

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..DWG=DUMMY,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..DXF=DUMMY,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..PDF=DUMMY,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..BMP=DUMMY,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..JPG=DUMMY,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..TIF=DUMMY,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..GIF=DUMMY,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..PVZ=DUMMY,type=zip,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s worker..EDZ=DUMMY,type=zip,preconverted=true

xconfmanager -p

After making the changes you will need to stop Windchill, clear the Tomcat caches, and restart.

Luar
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom.

Thanks for the help. Where is the path to clear the tomcat cache?

<Windchill_Home>\tasks\codebase\com\infoengine\compiledTasks

I will delete the folder inside complied tasks?

Thanks!

TomU
23-Emerald IV

There are two folders to delete. I have these lines in a .bat file:

echo off

RMDIR E:\ptc\Windchill_10.2\Windchill\tomcat\instances /Q /S

RMDIR E:\ptc\Windchill_10.2\Windchill\tasks\codebase\com\infoengine\compiledTasks /Q /S

Luar
1-Newbie

Hi Tom!

I'm done doing all your reply and its a success!!

Thank you so much!

Luar
1-Newbie

Hi, follow up question., is there a thumbnail image in pdf?

Top Tags