cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Question on workspace browser setting in Creo

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Question on workspace browser setting in Creo

Does this setting require Firefox to be installed?
windows_browser_type mozilla_based_browser

I had a user try it without having Firefox. I would have thought it required installation of the browser. Does this mean that a version of the Mozilla browser is included in the creo install?

Antonio Villanueva - Gen Engrg Mgr, CM - ISR Systems
UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS
100 Wooster Heights Road, Danbury, CT 06804
Tel: +1 203 797 5682
antonio.villanueva@utas.utc.com<">mailto:antonio.villanueva@utas.utc.com> www.utcaerospacesystems.com
CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or privileged information of UTC Aerospace Systems and its affiliated companies. If you are not the intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy, distribute or use this message or its contents, 2) advise the sender by return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies (including all attachments) from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Yes,
We have been testing it here and the results are encouraging.
If you are using https you will have to add the certificate via File>Options>Window Setting>Mozilla Browser Options and trust certificate

[cid:image007.jpg@01D00E4A.FBB50E20]
Ray Drennen
Technology, Components, & Methods Group – Engineering Systems

5 Farm Springs Rd.
Farmington, CT 06032
860-676-5619 - voice
860-353-1356 – eFax

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:avillanueva)

You do not need to install Firefox. Creo bundles its own version of the Mozilla browser. Starting with Creo 3 M010, this is removed and the Chrome browser is bundled instead.

Tom U.

I can confirm the addition of Tom, FF is bundled. But our experience was not good at all, we went back to IE as embedded browser. We had too many issues where we had to remove a few local files because they got corrupted.

Regards, Hugo.

<< ProE WF5 - PDMLink 10.1 M040>>

Same here, it was a disaster. We had to roll back the change on all our clients.

Top Tags