cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Recent Chrome Update Possibly Affects Windchill

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Recent Chrome Update Possibly Affects Windchill

This is more of a post letting others know what I encountered today with my Chrome-Windchill connection, but if anyone knows what is going on that would be great to know.  It seems that Chrome recently updated their browser, mine is showing 83.0.4103.97, and I am now having issues with it.  I have cleared all the history out of Chrome and it still has the issue.  The issue has been seen across multiple computers, is that during the creation of a CN, when you go in and edit the task during that creation a blank window pops up with the spinning circle of death.  I am on Windchill 11.2.1.0.  The only error that is in any of the logs is:

2020-06-05 07:51:47,667 ERROR [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8015-exec-1] com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.change2.tags.ChangePropagationTag <USERNAME> - action oid was null

I have opened a support call and am waiting to hear back from them.

I don't know if anyone else has seen this yet or not.

123 REPLIES 123

we appied CS326191 two weeks ago in prod, after doing so in test. Working perfectly.

We also have applied https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS326191

This "patch" is a very easy workaround to apply. Takes less than 5 minutes to do.

Hello all

I've tested the issue with different versions of chrome.

Windchill 11.1 M020 CPS14

I can say that the issue is not reproducible on the development version of chrome 

Version 86.0.4221.3 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

Issue still exists in the official released version

Chrome version  84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Best Regards

PetrH

i just tested with Google Chrome Version 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit) and it is working for type and attribute manager. i'm gonna have a few people test this internally to validate other use cases and then communicate how to force update Google Chrome. so happy we're not waiting for October any more 😀

Top Tags