cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Rehost Windchill 9.1 M020

ktabor2700
1-Newbie

Rehost Windchill 9.1 M020

All,

I am in the process of creating a test environment and I am wanting to rehost to a different server (aka VMware Workstation). I have two VM's installed one with Windchill and the other with oracle. I am using the "Windchill Rehost Procedure from Source Windchill to Target" document and it is leaving a little to be desired.

Currently, I have Windchill installed and working on VMware, and I have an oracle server ready for the database. Does anyone have a step by step guide on how to do the process?

Kyle Tabor

Windchill 9.1 M020

2 REPLIES 2

Dear Kyle,

I am not sure that it is suitable in this case, but a technique we often use is to clone the machine. This is only useful for a standalone test/dev environment but basically it allows you to take a copy of a running production machine. If you want more details I can provide them but basically it is as follows

1. Copy the ldap
2. Copy the Windchill installation (has to be same location)
3. Copy the DB
4. Add a fake host entry
5. Disable any external comms (e.g. content replication)

We use it alot when practicing/analysing upgrades and also to fix difficult to reproduce production errors,

Best Regards,
Simon

Kyle,

I used that procedure before and the only issue I had was that, in M020 you can't do a rehost between two different domains i.e from say servername.xx.com to servername.yy.com. It is still doable, however you have to employ lots of manual updates to aphelion and some windchill files which can be really ugly. The procedure works just fine when the domains are the same.

I guess more information is needed for the specific issue(s) you are having with the procedure before anyone on this blog can make suggestions.

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*Fax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -
CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.
Top Tags