cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Relationship Explorer

rdunn
1-Newbie

Relationship Explorer

I am trying to use the relationship explorer so that I can encourage others to use it and have noticed a few points that could be fixed to help eliminate confusion.

The first point that was brought up is the requirement in internet explorer to open a seperate tab. The exclaimation point symbol that appears next to it usually causes less computer literate people to not want to click anything, even though the description is written perfectly fine. If this were removed I would think people would read it. Even better, if this step wasn't required at all it would help. (I know this is not an issue in chrome or firefox)

The second issue I have is with the Change Task relationships. In the change task, there is Affected Objects and Resulting Objects. In the relationship explorer, these two are called Assigned To and Affected Objects respectively. Having Affected Objects mean two different things adds a level of confusion which makes the explorer difficult to use.

Is there a way to alter what these objects say?

2 REPLIES 2
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:rdunn)

HI Ryan, I am checking with Product Management regarding your questions. I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks, Lori

Lori - can you post a response to the question above?

Our ability to leverage the Relationship Explorer is limited by the list of applicable objects and relationship types.

For example we have a "Configured Link" between a special document (link owner) and the Part.   Relationship Explorer doesn't currently allow us to see or navigate those links.  

Is there a roadmap for this capabilities?  I think supporting "Configured" links would be valuable as otherwise it can only be the "Partial Relationship Explorer"  , at least for my company at this point in time

Jeff

Top Tags