cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Removing Products

MSC12
1-Newbie

Removing Products

Our company is still in the process of getting Windchill setup to fit our needs. One of the things we have come across is how the original person setting up Windchill setup our Products. We have a few ideas of what we would possibly want to do for organization. I have been looking around but am not able to find a way to actually delete a Product from Windchill. I see how they can be added but is there a way to remove them from the server?

5 REPLIES 5
MSC12
1-Newbie
(To:MSC12)

The same goes for Libraries, I just realized I fogot to mention that in the first post.

We too would love to know how to remove a product. I've always been told that you cannot delete them.

So, this is what we do with unneeded products (or libraries)

1) Empty the team - remove all access

2) If appropriate, move any content to another, active product

3) Reuse the product (or library). We rename the product to "Reuse - nnnn". When we get a request to create a new product, we give them one of the products named "Reuse...."

It's a workaround, to be sure.

MSC12
1-Newbie

Thats what I've seen from looking around. Worse case, I found out you can Rename the product so we could always do that but it would be better to be able to delete and start fresh with a new product.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

As Chris mentioned, the ability to delete products and libraries doesn't exist in Windchill. This is something that has been asked about for years, but has not been implemented--mostly for data integrity reasons, I believe. A quick search of the Product Ideas didn't come up with any enhancement filed for this. I know it's not an answer for now, but I think this would get a lot of hits if it were submitted as an Idea.

MSC12
1-Newbie
(To:LoriSood)

I did as suggested and posted this in the Product Ideas section.

Top Tags