cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename from Workspace is greyed out

MattPat
12-Amethyst

Rename from Workspace is greyed out

Hi,

One of the constructors has a problem with rename part. He has the same privileges and is in the same groups/roles but rename option is greyed out. Where did we suppose to look to fix it? It is urgent. 

 

rename.jpg

MattPat_1-1653406940468.pngMattPat_2-1653406972115.png

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MattPat
12-Amethyst
(To:STEVEG)

We found the solution and it is very odd too.

Changing the windows browser type to ie_browser in creo helps. I don't know why it was not working on chromium...

 

MattPat_0-1653484881726.png

 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
STEVEG
20-Turquoise
(To:MattPat)

Is it checked in?  Then you cannot rename through the workspace.  You have to rename from a search.

TomU
23-Emerald III
(To:STEVEG)

@STEVEG,

It wouldn't have the new icon (asterisk) if it was checked in.

STEVEG
20-Turquoise
(To:TomU)

Ah.  Missed that.

 

It probably won't be profile but check it anyway.

 

Is the other user trying to rename a file that is not checked in?

MattPat
12-Amethyst
(To:STEVEG)

No, they created a part in the workspace and can't rename it or change the number. They could do that in the workspace but for some reason, they can't now. Any thoughts? 

TomU
23-Emerald III
(To:MattPat)

It's odd because normally if something can't be renamed there will be a line through it.  I would probably take a close look at user preferences related to rename and possibly the object initialization rules.  Is this reproducible with a workspace pointed to other contexts?  Is this reproducible with other new objects?

STEVEG
20-Turquoise
(To:MattPat)

This is very odd.

Question:

You said "One of the constructors has a problem with rename part."  Did you really mean "constructors" or did you mean "contributor" like in the image you show.

If you did mean contributor then I assume both users are in that role?

MattPat
12-Amethyst
(To:STEVEG)

We found the solution and it is very odd too.

Changing the windows browser type to ie_browser in creo helps. I don't know why it was not working on chromium...

 

MattPat_0-1653484881726.png

 

STEVEG
20-Turquoise
(To:MattPat)

Wow!  I'm glad you found the problem.

BenLoosli
22-Sapphire III
(To:MattPat)

What version and release of Windchill and Creo was this on?

 

MattPat
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Creo 6.0.5.1 and Windchill PDMLink 11.1 M020

LawrenceS
17-Peridot
(To:MattPat)

@MattPat, So for the user it was working on, were they on IE for the embedded browser and that is how you found the problem?  Do you know why it happened in this case so we can see if it is reproducible on higher versions of WC and Creo?  If reproducible, I would be happy to test on our systems.  I am not aware that we have issues with renames using chromium.

 

We are on WC12 and Creo4 but in the process of testing to upgrade to Creo7.  We are also planning on making the switch for all users from IE-->Chromium for the embedded browser.  Currently, we only have users on Chromium when there are issues since IE tends to be more user friendly on Creo4


"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
MattPat
12-Amethyst
(To:LawrenceS)

@LawrenceS As I mentioned at the beginning it doesn't work only on one user account. They have the same roles etc. but we need to find the problem. They compare creo settings and found out that it works for ie_explorer but not on chromium. They changed it to ie and finally, it works. I don't know why occurs this error. 

Announcements