cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Replacing windchill content with same name without deleting old revisons

gaganshetty
1-Newbie

Replacing windchill content with same name without deleting old revisons

Hello,

Previously different type of models were used, now design has been changed creating family table and pro program, this is completely new older models weren't touched, this was done from scratch. Now older version which is present on windchill is not letting me replace the newer version saying name conflict. I don't want to delete older version since it is also needed for reference, i want to add these models under continued revision status for track-ability, new name cannot be set since the name is unique for a particular part, and deleting older version is also not an option. Please help me with this, requesting a fast response, thank you 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:gaganshetty)

If the new items are already in your workspace with the red circle, you should be able to update them but keep the changes.  When you're going through the update screen, change the download arrow to the reuse triangle.  If that doesn't work,add the old objects to your workspace, then open the new design from disk in Creo and save to the workspace.  It will show a warning, but it should let you save over the top of the files.

I am having similar issues. Version in Windchill is an outdated version. Most recent revision was done off-line and saved to desktop directory. I need to replace outdated version in windchill with most recent revision in my workspace. Please help!

Top Tags