cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Replication Questions Continued

ptc-141591
1-Newbie

Replication Questions Continued

Let's make this Replication Friday.

We just went into production on Ilink 9.1 M040 on Nov 29th. I've been working with replication issues for a week now. I have 3 replica sites to deal with and I have two issues right now.

1 - I have configured the master server to using:

wt.fv.fvFileThreshold=50000

wt.fv.useFvFileThreshold=TRUE

The replica servers/vaults are configured for automatic folder creation, but currently there are over 100,000 files in the first folder on the first replication site. Why is the file threshold not being honored like it is on the master server?

2 - If I schedule more than one replication at a time, only one executes and the others stay in Ready status. Should I be able to run more than one replication schedule at a time? Is there a property I am missing?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

1. Change to wt.fv.FvFileThreshold=50000

2. We only run one schedule at a time.

Dave Sartori
Systems Project Leader
Engineering Systems
PA Engineering

Kohler Company
444 Highland Drive
Kohler, WI 53044

On 12/10/10 10:03, Gary Popick wrote:
>
> Let's make this Replication Friday.
>
> We just went into production on Ilink 9.1 M040 on Nov 29th. I've been working with replication issues for a week now. I have 3 replica sites to deal with and I have two issues right now.
>
> 1 - I have configured the master server to using:
>
> wt.fv.fvFileThreshold=50000
>
> wt.fv.useFvFileThreshold=TRUE
>
> The replica servers/vaults are configured for automatic folder creation, but currently there are over 100,000 files in the first folder on the first replication site. Why is the file threshold not
> being honored like it is on the master server?
>

You also need to set these on each replica site also. At first this doesn't make sense however after thinking about it this makes a lot of sense because now you have individual control over each
replica site. Certain replica site hardware/os combinations might allow more or less files per vault.

> 2 - If I schedule more than one replication at a time, only one executes and the others stay in Ready status. Should I be able to run more than one replication schedule at a time? Is there a
> property I am missing?
>

The replication related properties I have set are these:
xconfmanager -s wt.fv.revaultQuerySize=50000 -t codebase/wt.properties
xconfmanager -s wt.fv.master.Replication.NumOfQueues=9 -t codebase/wt.properties
xconfmanager -s wt.fv.forceContentToVault=false -t codebase/wt.properties
xconfmanager -s wt.fv.useVaultsForAllContent=true -t codebase/wt.properties
xconfmanager -s wt.fv.useFvFileThreshold=true -t codebase/wt.properties
xconfmanager -s wt.fv.fvFileThreshold=100000 -t codebase/wt.properties

I also have set some db related properties that will affect replication. These affect replication
because during replication you are hitting the database a lot.
xconfmanager -s wt.method.methodSummaryInterval=60 -t codebase/wt.properties
xconfmanager -s wt.pom.maxDbConnections=10 -t db/db.properties
xconfmanager -s wt.pom.minDbConnections=10 -t db/db.properties
xconfmanager -s wt.pom.cachedStatementReuseLimit=32000 -t db/db.properties

I also configured an extra background method server:

I think you have a comprehensive list. I told him to set the same properties on the replicas as well.

Thanks

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*Fax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -
CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions:

I added wt.fv.fvFileThreshold and wt.fv.useFvFileThreshold to
wt.properties on the replica server and that fixed my first issue.

Still working on the second issue.

Thanks again,

Gary

Good to hear, Gary.

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*Fax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -
CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.
Top Tags