cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Report Builder

vmcdaniel
2-Guest

Report Builder

I have a report where I can enter a WTPart NUMBER and display some attributes, problem is it reports ALL iterations at ALL versions. (13 of them)

I only want the latest iteration at the latest version (1 on them)

Does anyone know which criteria to add to report only the one latest?

I tried Latest Iteration and a bunch of other, but have yet to find the correct way to filter it down further than Latest @ every version (5 of them)

Thanks!

[cid:image002.png@01CE6CF6.BD519C80]

Vaughn

4 REPLIES 4

There is an article on the PTC knowledgebase that shows how to pick the max revision.
You also need to include a condition that Latest Iteration = 1 so that only the latest iteration is returned
* This can be achieved using a Sub-select condition
* In the sub-select SELECT Tree, use the Maximum function on the versionSortId
* For example:
[Sub-select]

Has anyone had success with using the PTC sub-query in conjuction with windchill attributes (wtpart) ? I can use the PTC subquery to find latest iteration of last rev and it works properly. However if I add a wtpart attribute the query fails with the following message:

(wt.fc.fcResource/0) wt.util.WTException: The operation: "remoteExecute" failed.
Nested exception is: wt.util.WTRemoteException: Unable to invoke remote method; nested exception is:
java.rmi.ServerRuntimeException: Server exception; nested exception is:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "
Nested exception is: wt.util.WTException: The operation: "remoteExecute" failed.
Nested exception is: wt.util.WTRemoteException: Unable to invoke remote method
Nested exception is: java.rmi.ServerRuntimeException: Server exception; nested exception is:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "

If I search for just wtpart attributes, the search also works properly. Any ideas ? Doesnt seem to matter what attribute I add If I'm using the latest iteration, it will always fail.

cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:vmcdaniel)

we had same problem so we created a macro in Excel to remove all unwanted version.

Not ideal but at least now we have a report with the info we want. otherwise we will still be trying to create the report.

It could be a bug.

Turns out in the Windchill Version were using (9.1 M060) it is a known bug. Found this on ptc.com:

Document - CS49571

<h3>Document Details</h3>

Title"An attempt to display a web page via a template processor has failed" generating Query Builder report having soft type in select statement in Windchill PDMLink 9.1 Description

• Query Builder fails to generate report when a soft attribute is added to the select statement

• A query with a sub select fails when a soft attribute of WtPart is added to the Select statement in Report Manager

• Error: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "

• Also error upon attempting to generate report:

An attempt to display a web page via a template processor has failed. Following is the text message from the exception that was generated:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: <type>
Nested exception is: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: <type>

Applies To

• Windchill PDMLink 9.1 M040 - M060

CauseResolution

• Reported to R&D as SPR 2118839

• Corrected in Windchill PDMLink 9.1 M070

Top Tags