cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Report Management

aachanta
13-Aquamarine

Report Management

Hi All,

I need to create a report in Windchill like

1. ) User 1 will have some access controls for a particular product. The same user will have different access controls for some other product.

2.)  Now we need to create a report stating the same. Like what are the access controls he has for the different products.

3.) If we give product 1 and user 1 as input, the output should be displayed with its respective access controls. Similarly for other products also.

How to do this ? Is it with customization or without customization ? Can you please let me know ? If it is with customization can you please share a sample code so that I can implement it ?

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya Achanta

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you haven't already done, you can join this group Reporting and also take a look at this document Resource for reporting

In it you can find lots of report ready to use and some advice on reporting.

If you write your request in Reporting group instead of generic Windchill, I think you'll have more chance to get some answer.

Marco

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you haven't already done, you can join this group Reporting and also take a look at this document Resource for reporting

In it you can find lots of report ready to use and some advice on reporting.

If you write your request in Reporting group instead of generic Windchill, I think you'll have more chance to get some answer.

Marco
aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Hi Tosin,

Yes I did post in that group as well.

I tried browsing all the resources available and gave a try but I could not get the output like whatever I had expected. So I am awaiting for a reply from anyone.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya Achanta

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:aachanta)

May not be too easy in a report.  Likely the only thing that can be done is:

- create a set of test users who are assigned representative permissions

- create a set of objects in each Product/Library, one at each state (laborious but worth it)

- as admin, access each test object and run Manage Security to examine the permissions that each of the test users have

- as admin, separately, run Manage Security and select the real user(s) in question and examine their permissions

Announcements

Top Tags