cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Rest API for creating new workspace in Windchill

NS_8621206
2-Guest

Rest API for creating new workspace in Windchill

I want to create a workspace in Windchill calling Rest API from our web application. But no where to find such API end point in any of the Windchill Rest API documentation.

Is it possible to create workspace using rest API, if not what are the alternative for it.

The goal is to create a workspace and then copy cad documents to that workspace from a web application.

4 REPLIES 4
rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:NS_8621206)

HI @NS_8621206 

There's other places to view the docs but I like the documentation viewer in the Windchill UI.

RESTdocs.png

For the Odata REST APIs there's a nice swagger-like try it out feature.

Hi,   

Thanks for the reply, I have already explored both rest api docs but no where found api for action on workspace. I can see there is apis available for get and create folder but not for workspace. 

I have seen some code in Javadoc (wt.epm.workspaces), but i wanted to know whether rest apis are available for creating and getting details of workspace.

rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:NS_8621206)

Perhaps you could use InvokeIETask

We seem to have this article published,

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS298264

But it looks like it hasn't been updated in awhile, for the newer versions of Windchill. 

I would suggest opening a Support case, to inquire about this, and see if this has changed in more recent versions or not.  We have a team of "customization" engineers, who have more knowledge of the API.

Mike

Top Tags