Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving a standard attribute value Windchill 10.1

Retrieving a standard attribute value Windchill 10.1

I want to retrieve a Standard Attribute value created over promotion request thorugh code. can some one help with this?

Tags (3)
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Retrieving a standard attribute value Windchill 10.1

Hi Sumit,

I am actually working on the same thing. Have you gotten any further since posting? I found this discussion which may be of some help if you haven't yet gotten it: http://communities.ptc.com/message/182669

Highlighted

What attribute are you looking for specifically? Is it an IBA? Are you doing this in a workflow?

I'm not sure about Sumit, but I'm looking for the "description" for the promotion request. Yes, I'm looking to do this in a workflow. I'm afraid I don't know what IBA stands for . Also, I'm looking to add the names of the collected objects of the promotion request in the Approval Notification email - do you know if this is possible? I should note that I'm running 9.1, not 10.1 as Sumit is.

If it is in the Promotion Notice workflow , you can just put

String desc = ((wt.maturityPromotionNotice)PrimaryBusinessObject).getDescription()

primarryBusinessObject is the object who"lived" in the worklfow, and Description is a standard attribute, not an IBA, so you can directly access to it by a get method

Thank you so much! To make sure I understand perfectly, this line of code does not need to be entered as a variable, it can simply be entered directly into one of the text boxes for a notification email?

Thanks again!

No you can't use java code in a mail robot

need to use it in a robot expression and use the variable like for example {myString}

What is the Type Name that should be used? java.lang.String? I tried this but it didn't seem to work. Perhaps I've implemented it incorrectly somehow...

Create a global workflow variable java.lang.String "myString"

In a expression robot, add: String myString = ((wt.maturityPromotionNotice)PrimaryBusinessObject).getDescription();

In the body of the mail robot: add your message and the variable

{myString}

When entering that information, if I hit the "check syntax" button I get the following:

Checking Syntax...

C:\ptc\Windchill_9.1\Windchill\temp\WfExpression_Administrator.java:29: cannot find symbol

symbol : class maturityPromotionNotice

myString = ((wt.maturityPromotionNotice)primaryBusinessObject).getDescription();

^

1 error

Syntax check complete.

This is if I omit "String" in the code provided above. If I include "String" as per above, I get 2 syntax errors. If you try to duplicate this, note that PrimaryBusinessObject should have a lowercase "p".

Thanks in advance.

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!