cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Return a promotion request for revision

VladiSlav
17-Peridot

Return a promotion request for revision

Hello.
Please tell me how to add an opportunity for the author of the promotion request to return it to himself for revision?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The Cancel looks something like this for us. Cancel is relatively easy to do, but I think sending the promotion back would require a bulky design like you're saying. 

joe_morton_0-1641910131972.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

We've customized our Promotion Request workflow to assign a task to the submitter when the promotion request is created. In our case, this task gives the submitter the ability to Cancel the promotion request, which unlocks the targets and ends the workflow. The Cancel task remains open for as long as the promotion request is running. Our users are trained to leave the task open unless they actually need to cancel the promotion request.

You may be able to adapt the idea so that instead of canceling, the promotion request is returned to the submitter for revision.

joe_morton, have you added a task to the sender at each stage of the verification? That is, the reviewers will not be able to check the promotion request until the sender completes the task? And so it is at every stage of verification

No, the submitter gets the Cancel task in parallel. That task remains open during all the stages. At any point, the submitter can choose to Cancel, which will end the workflow. Ending the workflow is easier than having it return to the sender, but it should be possible.

joe_morton, can you share the implementation? And then I created the opportunity to return to myself for a change. It turned out to be a bulky design. This is only for one stage created. But the validator cannot complete his task until the author of the request completes his task

"Вернуть на доработку" - this is to return for revision to yourself

promotion.JPG

The Cancel looks something like this for us. Cancel is relatively easy to do, but I think sending the promotion back would require a bulky design like you're saying. 

joe_morton_0-1641910131972.png

joe_morton, thank you very much
Top Tags