cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

SPR 2207900 – complain to PTC for BIG regression on Windchill 10.2

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

SPR 2207900 – complain to PTC for BIG regression on Windchill 10.2

As you can see in attached image, PTC did a BIG regression with Windchill 10.2

For more then four years we have created SAP equipment (MPMTooling in Windchill) with Manufacturing Resource Explorer, in conjunction with PartsLink for further classification.

With 10.2 classification attributes are no more displayed and, even though we have open a call to support, the answer we got is “No plans to fix”.

I’m thrilled!

PTC take away a functionality we use to create more than 10,000 equipment, we pay to PTC a fee for maintenance with FIVE zero and the answer was “No plans to fix”.

A question for PTC: WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR?

For PTC Product Manager: how can we solve this BIG problem?

10.2.jpg

Marco
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Following the way we found to reintroduce the capability to classify resource type objects (works only with WEB iterface not with MPSE):

1) Ovverride the OOTB action to point to custom wizard

<objecttype name="mpml" class="com.ptc.windchill.mpml.resource.MPMResource">

<action name="createMPMResource" resourceBundle="com.ptc.windchill.mpml.client.clientResource" ajax="row">

<command class="com.ptc.windchill.mpml.forms.CreateMPMResourceFormProcessor" method="execute" url="/netmarkets/jsp/ext/mpml/createMPMResource.jsp" onClick="validateCreateLocation(event)" windowType="popup"/>

<includeFilter name="showNewActionPreValidation"/>

<moreurlinfo>height=625,width=650</moreurlinfo>

</action>

</objecttype>

2) Copy ootb wizard createMPMResource.jsp and createMPMResourceWizard.jsp to new location (netmarkest/jsp/ext/mpml) and modify the first parge as following:

<%@ include file="/netmarkets/jsp/components/beginWizard.jspf"%>

<%@ include file="/netmarkets/jsp/ext/mpml/createMPMResourceWizard.jspf"%>

<%@ include file="/netmarkets/jsp/util/end.jspf"%>

and the second one as:

<%@ taglib prefix="jca" uri="http://www.ptc.com/windchill/taglib/components"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://www.ptc.com/windchill/taglib/fmt" prefix="fmt"%>

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c"%>

<%@ include file="/netmarkets/jsp/components/includeWizBean.jspf"%>

<%--

PartHelper.js below is required dynamically insert/remove the classification step

--%>

<script language="JavaScript" src="netmarkets/javascript/part/PartHelper.js"></script>

<fmt:setBundle basename="com.ptc.windchill.mpml.client.clientResource"/>

<fmt:message var="createResourceWizardTitle" key="createResourceWizard.title" />

<jca:initializeItem operation="${createBean.create}" baseTypeName="com.ptc.windchill.mpml.resource.MPMResource"/>

<jca:wizard helpSelectorKey="ResourceCreate_help" buttonList="DefaultWizardButtonsNoApply" title="${createResourceWizardTitle}">

<jca:wizardStep action="defineItemAttributesWizStep" type="object"/>

<jca:wizardStep action="setClassificationAttributesWizStep" type="part"/>

<jca:wizardStep action="securityLabelStep" type="securityLabels"/>

</jca:wizard>

This will enable the required javascript callback to perform classification selection and introduce the missing classification attribute step.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

As reported I can confirm this problem with wnc 10.2 M020 moreover at this moment is not possible classify and set classification attributes on "new resource" wizard on web interface.

This is a big issue expecally in case that OIR use a classification atttribute to inizialize another attribute (e.g. number)

Hello Marco,

Thanks for bringing this to PTC attention. We take your input highly and we are looking into how we could resolve this issue promptly. You will hear from us for more information on this matter.

Thanks

JC

Hello Marco,

Thanks for bringing this to PTC attention. We take your input highly and we are looking into how we could resolve this issue promptly. You will hear from us for more information on this matter.

Thanks

JC

Hello Jean-Claude,

I'm happy to see that PTC has crearly heard my voice.

I look forward to hear some good news from you.

Marco

Marco

Hello Jean-Claude,

I know that my consultant gave you a fix for this regression and you have to ask your R&D if that solution could be accepted.

Have you got any answer from them?

Thanks,

Marco

Marco

Hello Marco,

A favorable response has been given to the consultant. Your issue should be resolved.

I thank you for bringing this to PTC attention

Jean-Claude Niyonkuru

Thank you Jean-Claude for your attention and assistance.

I'll ask my consultant if he could share his solution to other user and if he will do, I'll sign as the correct solution.

Marco

Marco

Following the way we found to reintroduce the capability to classify resource type objects (works only with WEB iterface not with MPSE):

1) Ovverride the OOTB action to point to custom wizard

<objecttype name="mpml" class="com.ptc.windchill.mpml.resource.MPMResource">

<action name="createMPMResource" resourceBundle="com.ptc.windchill.mpml.client.clientResource" ajax="row">

<command class="com.ptc.windchill.mpml.forms.CreateMPMResourceFormProcessor" method="execute" url="/netmarkets/jsp/ext/mpml/createMPMResource.jsp" onClick="validateCreateLocation(event)" windowType="popup"/>

<includeFilter name="showNewActionPreValidation"/>

<moreurlinfo>height=625,width=650</moreurlinfo>

</action>

</objecttype>

2) Copy ootb wizard createMPMResource.jsp and createMPMResourceWizard.jsp to new location (netmarkest/jsp/ext/mpml) and modify the first parge as following:

<%@ include file="/netmarkets/jsp/components/beginWizard.jspf"%>

<%@ include file="/netmarkets/jsp/ext/mpml/createMPMResourceWizard.jspf"%>

<%@ include file="/netmarkets/jsp/util/end.jspf"%>

and the second one as:

<%@ taglib prefix="jca" uri="http://www.ptc.com/windchill/taglib/components"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://www.ptc.com/windchill/taglib/fmt" prefix="fmt"%>

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c"%>

<%@ include file="/netmarkets/jsp/components/includeWizBean.jspf"%>

<%--

PartHelper.js below is required dynamically insert/remove the classification step

--%>

<script language="JavaScript" src="netmarkets/javascript/part/PartHelper.js"></script>

<fmt:setBundle basename="com.ptc.windchill.mpml.client.clientResource"/>

<fmt:message var="createResourceWizardTitle" key="createResourceWizard.title" />

<jca:initializeItem operation="${createBean.create}" baseTypeName="com.ptc.windchill.mpml.resource.MPMResource"/>

<jca:wizard helpSelectorKey="ResourceCreate_help" buttonList="DefaultWizardButtonsNoApply" title="${createResourceWizardTitle}">

<jca:wizardStep action="defineItemAttributesWizStep" type="object"/>

<jca:wizardStep action="setClassificationAttributesWizStep" type="part"/>

<jca:wizardStep action="securityLabelStep" type="securityLabels"/>

</jca:wizard>

This will enable the required javascript callback to perform classification selection and introduce the missing classification attribute step.

Top Tags