cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

SQL Database access and location

Weber
1-Newbie

SQL Database access and location

When installing WPPT a new SQL database named ##MSEE## or similar is created. This database is located in the C-drive of the server where WPPT is installed. I dont want this cause of disk space. Futher I might have an existing SQL installation that I want to use. Now to my question: How can I determine the loaction, name and access of the SQl database used by WPPT ? I could not find a option for this when installing WPPT, when I moved the SQL after installing I couldn't connect the ProE clients. Also I had no acess to the SQL databases using SQL managment studio.
3 REPLIES 3

you can not just move the databse files. you must detach the database. Move the files. Then reattach the database. Here are the Instructions http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224071

Hallo Keith thnak you but this link does not work.. Now how can I USE a database when installing WPPT ? Is this right that WPPT install SQL Express if no other SQL Server is installed ?

I Am not sure why the link does not work. I tested it and it is fine. If you do not have sql installed it will use sql express for the content datbase and windows database for the share point side.
Top Tags