cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

SQL Table for Links?

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

SQL Table for Links?

I was wondering if there is a SQL table for the Attachments portion of a CN Task?  We have a bunch of links in the CN Task area that are pointing to a server name that has been changed.  It would be nice if these were stored in a table and I could just change the link from the database side.  Anyone know if this can be done?

We are on Windchill 11.

Thank you,

Brian

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Brian,

this article could be useful for you?

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS63595

Marco

Hello Marco,

That contains a lot of good information for affected/resulting and tasks.  But it doesn't seem to have where attachements are.  I'm hoping they are not blobs.  This is the information that I am looking for from the task.

10-5-2017 12-07-06 PM.jpg

In my Resource for Reporting document there are some reports that may help.

This is one: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS42155 that lists the size of "CAD Documents" and their vault location.

You can search where EPMdoc are stored in vaults using name or number.

Marco

Hi Brian,

The attachment data is stored in ApplicationData table in the database, here is the query you can use, Just provide the CA Number in the last line also to know if the item is in BLOB or vault you can just say it by value of CLASSNAMEKEYA5, if its "wt.fv.FvItem" it's in Vault , Let me know if you need more help. :

select appData.FILENAME,appData.CLASSNAMEKEYA5,CAMASTER.WTCHGACTIVITYNUMBER from APPLICATIONDATA appData, HOLDERTOCONTENT HC, WTCHANGEACTIVITY2 CA, WTCHANGEACTIVITY2MASTER CAMASTER
where HC.IDA3B5=appData.ida2a2 and HC.ida3a5=CA.ida2a2 and CA.ida3masterreference=CAMASTER.ida2a2
and CAMASTER.WTCHGACTIVITYNUMBER='CA-075729'

Top Tags