cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Same part, two Family Tables

ErikZabokrtsky
8-Gravel

Same part, two Family Tables

We recently just moved to Windchil 10.0 and have noticed a few weird things popping up all of a sudden. The latest issue I have run into is proving very difficult to come up with a solution for, even with the help of PTC tech support. tired of waiting on them so I thought maybe someone else could lend a hand.

Issue: We have two Family tables and both of them have somehow got the same part saved to them. 120367.prt is in both but different Versions...

Thought maybe I could rename one, but you rename one and the other picks it up. You go to Delete and it throws an error about the other instance and won't let you do anything.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what else a person could do to get either one of the instances renamed or even just out of Windchill? 3 weeks on this issue and I am drawing at straws now!

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not an Admin, but have way more experience with family tables resolution (hate them) than I wish upon anybody! The solution we did was noted below. In summary, you will need to delete(Admin has to do this) a version and revise another one. (I actually have a FRACAS spreadsheet in our WindChill that documents all the Family Table issues and solutions we've been through. It has 69 rows and can take up to 5 hours to solve)

Deleted A.0 of dct110h1r_fill_w9b.prt which was associated with 1.1 of Y84-6000-017, then "Revised" #.3 version which is instance of dct110h1r_fill.prt at A.1(reference the picture)

Revision (Warning: Deleting the version was our solution because we had a previous version that was correct. Use Due Dilligence before deleting any version out of WindChll.)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Need a little more clarification:

From your description it sounds like you have two family table assembly instances where family table assembly instance A includes part 120367.prt at version 1 and family table assembly version instance B includes part 120367.prt at version 2. Is this correct?

Some of the solutions we've had to use

• Deleting the latest version of the instance/generic in the database
  • Ensure all instances and generic have the same last modified date...ie instance 1 was not changed and checked in when instance 2 and generic were changed/verified.

Take a look at the image below to see if the WC report you have is similar to any of them.

• Capture.JPG

Mine is exactly like the Same name instance used in two generics.

ribm-tb.prt has 120367.prt A.5

3-409.prt has 120367.prt A.6

I tried to just remove 120367 instance from one family table and then anytime I had an ASM to my workspace i get the "Cannot Retrieve Family Table Neutral Data" error.

I just started working with ProE about a year ago and only on the Admin/conifg side so I won't claim to a lot about Family Tables.

I'm not an Admin, but have way more experience with family tables resolution (hate them) than I wish upon anybody! The solution we did was noted below. In summary, you will need to delete(Admin has to do this) a version and revise another one. (I actually have a FRACAS spreadsheet in our WindChill that documents all the Family Table issues and solutions we've been through. It has 69 rows and can take up to 5 hours to solve)

Deleted A.0 of dct110h1r_fill_w9b.prt which was associated with 1.1 of Y84-6000-017, then "Revised" #.3 version which is instance of dct110h1r_fill.prt at A.1(reference the picture)

Revision (Warning: Deleting the version was our solution because we had a previous version that was correct. Use Due Dilligence before deleting any version out of WindChll.)

It was finally reached about which iteration we needed to keep and which one could be deleted.

Deleted the one instance out of the 3-409 family table, and got all the assemblies pointed to the instance in the ribm-tb family table.

Thanks for the assistance!

Top Tags