cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Save-as carries viewable

ealdrich
4-Participant

Save-as carries viewable

When we do a save-as on a drawing/part it carries over the viewable with it. We want to disable this so the new drawing/part doesn't have a viewable until it is modified (checked out/in). Is this possible with a config change? I'm not finding anything concrete in the KB.

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ealdrich)

Take a look at the wvs.properties file. Specifically these properties:

"publish.copymarkupsforward"

"publish.copyrepresentationsforward"

"publish.copyforwardallrepresentationsonrevise"

"publish.copyforwardallrepresentationsoncopy"

"publish.documents.copyrepresentationsforward"

"publish.documents.copymarkupsforward"

"publish.copyforwardallrepresentationsoncontainerchange"

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

By the way, these are set using the xconfmanager utility. Documentation on these properties is available in the properties.html file located in <windchill root>/codebase folder.

ealdrich
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Thanks! I'll look into those. I have the Windchill Visualization Services guide on PDF so I'll look into the descriptions. PTC CS recommended I modify the following values to "true":

1. publish.service.readytopublish.enabled to true

2. publish.republishonepmdocumentchange to true

3. publish.publishonepmdocumentchange to true

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ealdrich)

I set most of the properties I listed to false. When I revise an object to make changes, I don't want the old representation to come along, nor do I want a new representation of the revised object to be created (since the changes haven't been created or checked in yet.) I wish the revise action wouldn't create an extra iteration separate from the first check-in at that new revision level.

Top Tags