cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Script to prevent launching of Creo

Robert-Altman
7-Bedrock

Script to prevent launching of Creo

We will be migrating to WindChill/IntraLink 10.2 & Creo 2.0 in a few months.

In the meantime I have already setup a test server that I have migrated our IntraLink 3.4 data to . I would like to be able to have the users start getting use to the new interfaces but do not want to have there be any chance that they corrupt their current IntraLink 3.4 client most importantly the "Local.ddb" file.

Can someone help me with the entries I would need to put into a Creo startup script to first look to see if IntraLink 3.4 is running and if so prevent Creo from launching? Or perhaps I need to look for Windchill server online and prevent IntraLink 3.4 from launching?

The image below is what concerns me, it is the server manager launched within WildFire attached to IntraLink 3.4 and the registered WindChill server is showing up.

[cid:image002.png@01CFC81D.F915B570]

Regards,

[cid:012445618@15012007-1FE4]
5 REPLIES 5

Robert,

You should not have any issues with this. INTRALINK 3.4 writes to a
directory ".proi" and Windchill cache is in a different directory called
".wf". Also, INTRALINK 10 does not use "local.ddb" as the cache. It has a
much different framework for its cache.

Thanks,

There does seem to be an issue. The images below are what show up if Creo is launched and then a user launches IntraLink 3.4 and Wildfire 4.0

[cid:image003.png@01CFC822.9E758960]

[cid:image004.png@01CFC822.9E758960]

Regards,

Wildfire 4 can't read the Windchill cache that is created by Creo Parametric 2.0. You could set
PTC_WF_ROOT to some other directory for Wildfire 4 so it would not see the Windchill cache created
by Creo Parametric 2.0.

You can add the following line to your Creo start command:

set PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\Users\{USERNAME}\CreoCache

Randy & Ryan,

Thanks that seems to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Top Tags