cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Search Result Different

sasawa-2
1-Newbie

Search Result Different

When I search in same container by my user login and other user login i obtain different results...WHY

8 REPLIES 8

When i search in container by using my own credentials i get some result.... and when searched in same container by different user credentials it shows different result....WHY? I am orgadmin while other is user in that organization.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:sasawa-2)

The first thing comes to mind is the other user is not an admin.  The rights are probably set so they do not see certain files at some of the states.

BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:STEVEG)

Sourabh,

Mostly this looks to be an access related issue. If you can identify any of the object that is just visible by your login, you can right click on it and check the permissions from Manage security, you can also add the other user on the same page and check if he has the read permission.

Regards,

Bhushan

There are many different reasons.

For example a "simple" user can view, by default, only the very latest version of an object while an admin can view the latest of all the revisions.

Access to an object it depends also on roles user is member, state of the object, context, ...

Marco
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Another possibility is the user has a "View" that filters out some files.

PatrickMooij
4-Participant

Check language settings in your browser, if solr is not used then in some situations (depens on installation of wnc) 2 users can get different results.

doehr
1-Newbie

This is 100% an access issue. You, as an admin (I'm guessing Site admin) can likely see everything. Regular users, however, are more limited. The following aspects of your setup ALL affect what your users can see:

-Policy Administrator access rules

-Being a member of a context

-User account Profiles

-Configure Actions for Roles on the context

-Any person customized views the user may have instead of the default

If the user in question must have access to what you can see but they can't, find the hole in the above and plug it .

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:doehr)

Best diagnostic tool: From an object, select Manage Security.  Drill down to the related access rules.

Top Tags