cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Security Labels and iterations

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Security Labels and iterations

Did I miss something? If I apply a security label, why would it tag to the iteration? Why not to the version or master item? - PDMLink 9.1
You do not need to check out the item but its odd that you can go to a previous iteration and it shows that it was not applied.

Antonio Villanueva - Sr. Software Engineer - ISR Systems
UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS
100 Wooster Heights Road, Danbury, CT 06804
Tel: +1 203 797 5682
antonio.villanueva@utas.utc.com<">mailto:antonio.villanueva@utas.utc.com> www.utcaerospacesystems.com
CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or privileged information of UTC Aerospace Systems and its affiliated companies. If you are not the intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy, distribute or use this message or its contents, 2) advise the sender by return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies (including all attachments) from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

In 10.2 M030 a configuration option has been introduced where a security label value change can be applied to all versions.

Steve,

Got a related question. I am new to this topic.

I am interested to know how security label values are managed across iterations of a given version. Whether system allows user to set different values on different iterations (like A.1 vs A.2)?.

It is more of technical capability check than thinking about what values it brings.

Thanks

Ayyappan

SteveShaw
15-Moonstone
(To:arajagopal)

Yes.  Security Label values can be set differently for different iterations and versions of the same object.  In 10.2 M030 we introduced a configuration option where when setting the value for any version it would set all versions to the same value.

Thanks Steve..

WCSL Implementation guide don't give me much details about preference name or list of preferences related to Security label. Also I don't see under preference management In WC. I am wondering I jumped quickly w/o doing some preliminary steps.

Ayyappan

SteveShaw
15-Moonstone
(To:arajagopal)

I would suggest taking a look at the Windchill Help Center.  Here is a link to a Security Label overview page from the 10.2 M030 version of the help center:

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=SecurityLabelSLAbout&action=show

Most configuration of security labels is controlled via xml files and property settings.  At the bottom of the page linked above is another link to Configuring Security Labels, where it is broken into various steps for setting up your security labels.

Hi Steve,

Is there somewhere an introduction available on Security Labels? And on Manage Security?  I'm looking for a kind of an overview, business cases, data model, best practices.  Of course, I can read the help, and I do that, but they suppose you already understand what it's designed for.

Thanks in advance,  Hugo.

Top Tags