cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Security labels in 10.2

arajagopal
8-Gravel

Security labels in 10.2

All,

I am interested to know customer stories about successfully implementing Windchill security labels in 10.2 or in previous versions.

We are in pre-study stage using this feature.

Little bit background why we are exploring this option.

We see Access control is not enough to fulfill needs.The security labels might enable us sharing data efficiently with third parties,JVs etc. But still wondering what disadvantages and challenges it brings. Other reason behind this study, we would like to have our data classified (IP classification) as Confidential, Internal and Public etc.

Thanks

Ayyappan

2 REPLIES 2
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:arajagopal)

Hi Ayyappan,

I can't speak directly from a customer's perspective, but I know that some big improvements with regards to security labels were introduced in 10.2 M020 and M030, including the ability to set the security label upon check-in and the ability to set the label for all revisions/iterations of an object rather than just the single version. It is also possible to view them in various table views/details pages more easily.

Perhaps other customers can speak further regarding their experience with their implementations of them.

Hi Ayyappan,

As you have not mentioned what specifics you're interested in but I can vouch for the recent developments in Security Label & Agreement capabilities for 10.2 M020 release.

The high-level use cases of design collaboration with JV, contract manufacturers can very well be achieved. (speaking from recently completed implementation experience)

~SiD

Top Tags