cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Server_Prefs.xml

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Server_Prefs.xml

Having issues with downloading the server_prefs.xml file from the Visualization Configuration Administration UI.  Does anyone know where on the server this file is located...I'll just go get it manually via Windows Explorer.

Thanks,

Greg

4 REPLIES 4
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:GregOlson)

It looks like this data is vaulted. Each file associated with a WVSConfigurationTemplate object in the database and is stored as an ApplicationData object.

What happens when you try to manually download the file from the Visualization Configuration Administration?

Yes, for sure this is vaulted.

I would check MS logs while trying to download the xml. In case the file is not present in the vaults or if there are some problems with vault configuration (not mounted, valid..), there will be error something like wt.fv.master  - Error in doDirectDownload.

Hope this helps.

-Nitin

The configuration templates are vaulted when you have usevaultsforallcontent set to true, if not it will be stream data. You can query the db using the below query to get the location of the configuration files. There were some issues with downloading server prefs when the preferred file server is set to a replication site in pre 10.1 M040 release.

select 

distinct wvc.CONFIGURATIONTYPE,ad.filename FILENAME,

fvm.path ||'\'|| to_char(fi.uniquesequencenumber, '0000000000000x') LOCATION,

round(ad.filesize/1024) FILESIZE

from

applicationdata aD,

WVSCONFIGURATIONTEMPLATE wvc,

holdertocontent htc,

fvitem fi,

fvmount fvm,

Fvfolder ff,

fvvault fv

where

ad.ida3a5 = fi.ida2a2 AND

fi.ida3a4 = ff.ida2a2 AND

ff.ida3a5 = fv.ida2a2 AND

fvm.ida3a5 = ff.ida2a2 AND

htc.ida3b5 = ad.ida2a2 AND

htc.IDA3A5=wvc.IDA2A2;

Thank you,

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

giulix
5-Regular Member
(To:BineshKumar1)

Lotsa thanks for that query, dude. I've been looking for the place where those files are stored for years.

Top Tags