cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Set Revision on Initial check-in

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Set Revision on Initial check-in

I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer that was acceptable...or maybe I just didn't like the answers I found...

I want to set the revision of a part/drawing I am checking in to PDMlink 9.1 to something other than the initial revision. I am creating some legacy items for the first time in pro/e that were originally hand drawn or autocad and they may be at rev E or Z or whatever. If it was just one rev up, I would simply revise it once or twice. But some of these will be 10 or 20 revisions up and it won't be fun revising the part a bunch of times just to get it to the correct revision.

I'm new to PDMLink also, so maybe this is just a simple matter of understanding how the system works.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Well, It seems I should be able to simply set the revision once I save it in to the workspace for the first time but I don't seem to have that option. When I go to REV the item, it only allows the next in the sequence. I checked my preferences and it looks like the revise setting should allow me to set the revision.

We are only using PDMLink as a pro/e file manager, we are not using it to do lifecycle management or workflows or any of the work management tools. I just need to set the revisions so it all makes sense.

[cid:image003.png@01CCF22B.1035AB50]

[cid:image004.png@01CCF22B.1035AB50]

Even though you're not using Life Cycle management, it may still be your
life cycle that is not allowing you to revise from WIP to WIP.

Top Tags