cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Set State on non-latest version is disallowed

gchampoux
1-Newbie

Set State on non-latest version is disallowed

I have a older version of a CAD Document (Pro/E part) that I would prefer to delete.
However, as we all know, Windchill does not allow deleting of non-latest version.
So, I figured that I would change the state to Obselecense.
I already have an domain policy to disallow access to Obsolete objects.
However, Windchill will not allow me (wcadmin) to set the state.
I get an error that says that that set state is only allowed on the latest version.
What's up with that?

Gerry

7 REPLIES 7
sp-2
1-Newbie
(To:gchampoux)

You can configure Windchill to delete the non latest version of the document. You can change the domain policy to such that for wcadmin it should allow to change (change will include everything, i.e, deleting docment, doing set state etc) the object (CAD document). This should slove your problem.

In Reply to Gerry Champoux:

I have a older version of a CAD Document (Pro/E part) that I would prefer to delete.
However, as we all know, Windchill does not allow deleting of non-latest version.
I get an error that says that that set state is only allowed on the latest version.
What's up with that?

Gerry

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

On 10/18/11 08:49, Sitanshu Prasad wrote:
> You can configure Windchill to delete the non latest version of the document.

How is this accomplished?

> You can change the domain policy to such that for wcadmin it should allow to change (change will include everything, i.e,
> deleting docment, doing set state etc) the object (CAD document). This should slove your problem.
>
> In Reply to Gerry Champoux:
>
> I have a older version of a CAD Document (Pro/E part) that I would prefer to delete.
> However, as we all know, Windchill does not allow deleting of non-latest version.
> So, I figured that I would change the state to Obselecense.
> I already have an domain policy to disallow access to Obsolete objects.
> However, Windchill will not allow me (wcadmin) to set the state.
> I get an error that says that that set state is only allowed on the latest version.
> What's up with that?
>
> Gerry

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------
sp-2
1-Newbie

You might want to check the auto purging mechanism in Windchill. It can beaccomplished using the Purge Manager in Windchill.

In Reply to Randy Jones:

Supposedly, wcadmin already has all authority to do anything to any object.
Yet Windchill will not allow wcamin to set-state or delete a non-latest version of a cad document.

Is there a property or preference that must be set?

Gerry.

In Reply to Sitanshu Prasad:

You can configure Windchill to delete the non latest version of the document. You can change the domain policy to such that for wcadmin it should allow to change (change will include everything, i.e, deleting docment, doing set state etc) the object (CAD document). This should slove your problem.

What's up with that?

Gerry

IIRC, I was told some time ago (and my experience with 9.1 backs this up)the non-latest version cannot be deleted, but the admin accounts (both org and site) can change the state of the non-latest version. I don't know the proper settings to accomplish this, but at least I can confirm the availability.

Supposedly, wcadmin already has all authority to do anything to any object.
Yet Windchill will not allow wcamin to set-state or delete a non-latest version of a cad document.

Is there a property or preference that must be set?

Gerry.

amansfield
6-Contributor

Gerry:

You can use a Promotion Request to Promote a non-latest version to another state. I've had to use this on models that weren't controlled for one reason or another and then had newer modified iterations checked in on top.

That's interesting.
As an admin, I can promote, but not set state?

Gerry

In Reply to Andrew Mansfield:

Gerry:

You can use a Promotion Request to Promote a non-latest version to another state. I've had to use this on models that weren't controlled for one reason or another and then had newer modified iterations checked in on top.

Top Tags