cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Set the number of method servers to start

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Set the number of method servers to start

Hope someone sees this.  I'm in the middle of a production upgrade and because the production server is much larger than the test server, it decided it needed 7 method servers instead of one and so the upgrade manager is failing when it tries to start up Windchill since it has too many method servers.  What is the option to set the number of method servers starting using xconfmanager?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

so embarrassing, but I had a typo somewhere else in those properties.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

It isn't the method server but the administrator "wcadmin" login.  Even though it worked before I started the upgrade, the password isn't working now and it worked during the tests that I ran.

so embarrassing, but I had a typo somewhere else in those properties.

One good reason to always set these using WCA rather than changing the property directly.

@MikeLockwood, I didn't actually change that property.  It was one of the properties in the Upgrade Manager that I typed wrong.  It was with one of the ou's.  The wca gave me 7 method servers and 1 background server.

Interesting...

I've done many dozens of upgrades / rehearsals and don't recall anywhere in the UI where the number of method servers is called out.

More to learn every day.

They aren't  Here is a screenshot of where I did the typo.  I was just wanting to go down to one method server for the upgrade since my test machine only had one and it didn't have any problems.

error spot.jpg

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BrianToussaint)

I know you found the root issue, but here are the properties to control the number of method servers:

• xconfmanager -s "wt.manager.monitor.services=MethodServer" -t codebase/wt.properties -p
  • xconfmanager -s "wt.manager.monitor.start.MethodServer=1" -t codebase/wt.properties -p
  • xconfmanager -s wt.queue.executeQueues=true -t codebase/wt.properties -p

Some related KB articles:

Top Tags