cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Setting Default template while wtdocument creation in OOTB wizard

rkayasth
6-Contributor

Setting Default template while wtdocument creation in OOTB wizard

Friends,

I have some templates for WTDocument.

I want to set one particular template as the OOTB instead of "<--Select a Template-->", which is always shown as default.

Is there a way? I tried with OIR, but was not able to nail this down.

Thanks,

Ravin

4 REPLIES 4

i guess this is possible using organization\templates by hiding or showing.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:rkayasth)

As far as I know, there is no OOTB capability to define which template is your "prefered" template. It's not the same as the default doc type preference because there would need to be a preference created for each available document type. If you are only using one type, this would seem to be fairly simple. With many subtypes, you can see how it would get more complex.

This request has been logged in the backlog and PTC plans to address it in a future release, but nothing has been confirmed yet. To keep it moving, I would suggest creating an Idea for it so other folks can vote it up and help prioritize it.

If you have a critical need to get it implemented now, I would suggest creating a custom "New X Document" action in Windchill where "X" is the template you want initiated. Not being a customization guy, I don't have a good reference for you other the Windchill Customizer's Guide available as a Reference Doc on www.ptc.com.

Any other ideas?

rkayasth
6-Contributor
(To:sm)

How do I create an idea?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:rkayasth)

On the top of each page select the area of interest.  PTC Creo, PTC Mathcad, etc.

One the right under Actions select Create a product idea.

Fill out the boxes.

If desired you can also check the boxes under Categories for sub-topics.

Top Tags