cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Setting Path Name for Move-Object

MichaelWright
1-Newbie

Setting Path Name for Move-Object

All,

I am attempting to put together a Move-Object Webject. I have a process that my users will want to kick off from a document, but I am not 100% confident that they will put the document where they are supposed to. I would like to set up a move-object webject to transfer the document to the proper folder. I appear to have everything running right but am having trouble with the pathname for the folder that I want to send the documents to. The one tricky thing with this, or at least, I found tricky was getting a variable to apply to the pathname. It appears to be reading that now, and reading the variable, it's just that I am not 100% sure how to define a path name. The error I am getting is:

Errors: wt.util.WTException: com.infoengine.util.IEException; nested exception is:
wt.folder.FolderNotFoundException:
The cabinet could not be found. Container: "Site" Cabinet name: "OrgID|Library|Library Name|Folder|Sub-folder"

I had the path set up as OrgID/Library/Library Name/Folder/Sub-folder, but it was only reading the OrgID portion. I know this task has to be rather simple, it's just my lack of experience that is keeping me back here.

The code I am using is:

String path = "OrgID|Library|LibraryName|Folder|";

String pathname = path + attributeValue;

<ie:param name="FOLDER_PATH" data="<%= pathname %>"/>

Where attributeValue is the Sub-Folder.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Site,Org,Library,Product is a container object.

Folder is different object.

You need to set the container separately first.

And then set the folder to whatever path you want provided that path is available in current Container.

I've attempted defining this way and it still is giving me the same error.

Does anyone have an example of a Move-Object path that they could share?

Here is an example.

Normally the path is given like this. /Default/MoveFolder

Here MoveFolder is the subfolder.

Give a try and let me know if you face issues.

Top Tags