cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

System vault folders

ErikZabokrtsky
8-Gravel

System vault folders

Hey everyone,

We have been on Windchll 10.0 for a few years now, and the other day I started looking through files on the server and seeing if there was a way to conserve space possibly. Well I came across the "SystemVaultFolder" and just wanted to make sure the .unreferenced folders were empty.

The folders I looked through I started to notice that a lot of them were empty... all that is in them is the .unrefenced folder and the MOUNT_VALIDATION_DATA folder, which contains only a "Site_120........com.WC" file?

I guess my question is what is the point of these empty vault folders? Currently there are 722 SystemVaultFolders on our server and every other one is empty...

Just looking for opinions on why they would be empty and not get deleted, or why the server keeps creating more vault folders when it doesn't seem like they are needed?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi. Your data is stored in the database. There are two ways where windchill keep the files. The first is the file vaults and the second is the database.

Hi Erik,

If you want to know where exactly these folders are being used you may go to Site>Utilities>File Server Administration, there you will get to know what all master folder are enabled, Anyways these empty folders are not going to occupy much of the space in your hard drive.

The reason why they were created is because you configured the vaults to createw folders automatically, As soon as one folder reaches its maximum limit it will become read only and the next folder will start keeping the data.

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Top Tags