cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Task list showing Submit tasks

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Task list showing Submit tasks

When a file is checked into Windchill 11.0 m030, the wcadmin account ends up with a Submit task in the Task list.

I can only Accept, Decline or Reassign these tasks. I want to delete them!

How do I delete them?

How do I prevent new ones from appearing?

What do I need to modify in my Windchill setup to eliminate them from being generated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Swapnil4
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

Seems like you are using Advance lifecycle for Objects and forgot to remove the workflow process for sates . can you check lifecycle template  and removed if workflow phase and gate process from lifecycle state . 

for existing running and unwanted such running process you can terminate  running process from workflow process administration.

Hope this helps 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Swapnil4
5-Regular Member

Seems like you are using Advance lifecycle for Objects and forgot to remove the workflow process for sates . can you check lifecycle template  and removed if workflow phase and gate process from lifecycle state . 

for existing running and unwanted such running process you can terminate  running process from workflow process administration.

Hope this helps 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Swapnil4)

I was able to clear all but 1 submit process. I will look further into removing it.

In my lifecycle phases, they all have the Submit workflow and the gates have a Review workflow.

All I need to do is uncheck the box at the end to disable the workflows for each state?

Swapnil4
5-Regular Member

yes you can clear the workflow process  (Submit and Review) for each state.if you don't need those workflow processes 

also, you can set your lifecycle to Basic if you dont need any workflow. 

hope it helps 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Swapnil4)

I am still getting Submit processes, but have no problem deleting them daily.

I noticed on some promotion requests the promotion is created and no submit processes are created, but on some others I still get the Submit process. I am thinking it has to do with the iteration of the lifecycle. New objects created after I removed the Submit workflow from the Lifecyle do not generate the Submit process. Older objects that use an older iteration of the Lifecycle still create the Submit process.

My question is: How can I do a mass update to force all of the objects in the system to use the latest iteration of my Lifecycle?

Windchill 11.0 m030 CPS14

Creo 4 m080

Hi

For all your existing objects you still have the old lifecycle template attached to them so you will still get the tasks even after updating your LC template.

To fix existing objects you will need to do a mass re-assigne LC to your object keeping the current state, but I recommend to test this before any update on production to make sure everything is working fine.

Regards

Top Tags