cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thumbnail Publish

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Thumbnail Publish

Hi Guys,

I started my CAD worker and it's working fine. I created same like this for Thumbnail Publish. But I didn't know how we can start this and which allowlist or whitelist to use for it.

Regards,

Aj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@avillanueva  Found a solution for this, we need to provide a single folder path. For example, my main folder name is CAD_Workers, and the subfolders names are Creo, Thumbnail, and Office. We need to only provide the CAD_Workers path, as the other paths will be activated automatically.

<Property name="worker.exe.whitelist.prefixes" overridable="true"
targetFile="codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties"
value="C:\ptc\CAD_Workers|nohup /ptc/CAD_Workers"/>

Regards,

Aj

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

More details: 

Here ProE is a CAD worker

Thumbnail worker publishes PVS. 

I run this comment to activate CAD worker. (Flag turned into Green)

value="C:\ptc\WC_Workers\Creo|nohup /ptc/WC_Workers/Creo"/>

How we can do the same thing for Thumbnail Worker.

Amirtharaj_K_0-1707908391962.png

Regards,

Aj

Whitelist setting applies for all workers I believe. You can create multiple acceptable paths but separating by a pipe character |. Looks like you are doing that already. Strange, looks like you have a windows and unix path listed.

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r11.2.0.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/WorkAgentSecurity.html

Thanks for the replay @avillanueva 

After I added into Site.xconf, still thumbnail flag is executable not safe.

Amirtharaj_K_0-1707913249379.png

Amirtharaj_K_1-1707913270262.png

Regards,

Aj

Can you list the paths to your command lines for each of your workers? It should be specific enough to make it secure while still functioning. Basically, this is specifying allowed startup commands since bad actor could use worker agent UI online to invoke commands on a remote cad worker machine.

@avillanueva it's not works, as you said i set a path in whitelist.

Aj

@avillanueva  Found a solution for this, we need to provide a single folder path. For example, my main folder name is CAD_Workers, and the subfolders names are Creo, Thumbnail, and Office. We need to only provide the CAD_Workers path, as the other paths will be activated automatically.

value="C:\ptc\CAD_Workers|nohup /ptc/CAD_Workers"/>

Regards,

Aj

Top Tags