cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Thumbnails for Windchill Documents

hlinseisen
1-Newbie

Thumbnails for Windchill Documents

I have the following problem:

If i create a document in windchill i can attach primary content as well as attachments. What i would like to have is a thumbnail for this document.

My problem is:

The only way that i can see to create a thumbnail is by publishing the document which creates a representation and a thumbnail for that representation. But this is exactly not what i want to have. If you click on the thumbnail the representation will be shown and not the primary content file and also not the attachment -- Additionally the representation is stored as an additional File aside the primary content

I simply want to to have a thumbnail which opens creo view showing the primary content and the attachments ( This works very well as long there is no representation attached to the document.)

Please tell me your experiences

Regards

Herbert

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:hlinseisen)

What are the file types of the primary content?

We attach .plt Files (hpgl Format) -- but the issue is independent from the attached file

Top Tags