cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

To create a part, or not create a part with Windchill 10.0 auto-associate

SteveShaw
15-Moonstone

To create a part, or not create a part with Windchill 10.0 auto-associate

The auto-associate command in Windchill's CAD integrations is an easy way to relate CAD documents to existing parts or create new parts to facilitate the creation of CAD driven product structure. However, there exist cases where not all CAD models represent an actual part and part number from a BoM perspective (for certain object types such as skeleton parts these get filtered automatically). But for general models it is not so easy until Windchill 10.0. Check out the new site preference "Part Structure Override Attribute Name" located under Operation > Auto-Associate. this new preference allows you to specify a boolean attribute name that auto-associate will look for on each CAD document and depending on its value auto-associate will either try to create/relate to a part, or will simply skip it. give it a try.

4 REPLIES 4

Great news Stephen!

Exactly what we need f.i. for Welding / Raw -Parts:

The Welding "Part" is a Assembly (Need a WTPart) and the Raw-Parts are Parts that don't need a BOM Position because they belong to the Assembly-WTPart...

Now, we can guide the building of WTParts with the templates:

In the Raw-Part Templates we place the Attribute use_parent_part=YES.

Thank you!

Thomas

Steve

Is it possible to inverse the Value in PDMLink itself, so that the "Yes"-Value create a WTPart while the value "No" do the opposite?

Background: The existing datas have a boolean Attribute that would work with this Function but they have the wrong (opposite) Value!

Thanks for your assistance!

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Did you get the solution for inversing ?

I am inneed of that 🙂

Thanks

Murthi

I'm intrigued. How would you suggest to handle using this functionality when you are coming out of Pro/INTRALINK into PDMLink and have hundreds of thousands of CAD objects many of which would fit this scenario needing to be skipped during Part creation? These objects would be given this new attribute and whatever the default value is.

Top Tags