cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Translation Target Objects (Translation Names) are not visible in Translation Content table

Shahnaz
5-Regular Member

Translation Target Objects (Translation Names) are not visible in Translation Content table

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: A basic OOTB Translation Management use case - First time Translation of a Released Publication Structure with just two textual contents for testing the OOTB Translation flow.

Description:

After clicking the 'Create Translation Package' from a Released Publication Structure, the package is generated as configured. At this point, from the Pubication Structure -> Translation Content Table, I can see the 'Translation Names' (Target objects) in 'In Translation' status and the related 'Package ID' for the baseline object. I can update the package and zip it back to put in the Import directory. Now when the import happens successfully (disappers from the import directory) I cannot see the 'Translation Names' (Target objects) nor the 'Package ID' from the Pubication Structure -> Translation Content Table. This is the problem I am facing. However when I navigate to the configured Translated content Library, the contents are Translated and status is also updated to 'Translated' but the links are just not available from the source objects in the Translation Content Table.

I am not sure what am I missing here. The confgurations are very much OOTB standard settings, I am just trying to get the OOTB use case working end to end first.

Any ideas, suggestions or help will be really appreciated! 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Shahnaz 

Double-check the configuration settings related to Translation Management in Windchill. After importing the Translation Package successfully, verify the Windchill Import Directory for any logs or error messages related to the import process. 
Ensure that the Translation Names (Target objects) and associated Package IDs are configured to be visible in the Translation Content Table after import. Since you mentioned that the contents are successfully translated and updated to 'Translated' status in the Translated content Library, verify if there are any specific configurations or links that need to be established between the translated content and the original source objects.

If the issue persists despite verifying configurations, consider reaching out to Windchill support for further assistance. Additionally, posting your issue on Windchill community forums or user groups can also help.   

Best Regards,
MaximTimeClock
Shahnaz
5-Regular Member
(To:RH_11084761)

Hello @RH_11084761 ,

Thank you for your reponse. Yes, I have verified all cofigurations multiple times actually and the windchill Import directory does not have anything, I am aware that it generated a log file on failures, so since it did not have anything I verified the Translated content library ad found that the translated content was actually imported successfully. 

About this  - 'Ensure that the Translation Names (Target objects) and associated Package IDs are configured to be visible in the Translation Content Table after import.'

Is there any specific configuration I may have missed. I followed all config for Library etc. as described here - https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/plus/r12.0.2.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/tran210.html

If you know any config related to this or which tables in DB to check to troubleshoot, please let me know. Would be really helpful.

Also, these are visible right after creating the Translation package in the Translation Content table but somehow disappears after a succesfull import.

Thanks,

Shahnaz

Top Tags